Who are we, and what we do
Who are we
Association „POZITYVUS GYVENIMAS" is an HIV positive community organization established in 2003 by people, who were infected with HIV. At this moment, our organization is uniting not only those who infected with HIV, but also their families, close friends, volunteers and specialists.
Association cooperates with State and municipalities institutions, with nongovernmental organizations, health care and social support establishments in Lithuania and international organizations in other countries. PLHIV, members of the association are participating in conferences and seminars provided by local organizations, foreign partners, Lithuanians public institutions and other structures.
Mission of Association - To defend the right of people living with HIV to have access to quality services, treatment, care and support
- We are making HIV/AIDS prophylaxis. We give opportunity to have rapid(fast) HIV test, consultation in mobile prevention cabinet.
- We organize seminars, educational trainings, preparing public shares, which are made to reduce discrimination and homophobia in the society.
- We are trying to solve problems, which has people, who are infected by HIV, also, their family members, friends.
- We are seeking for better quality of health service and those, who are infected by HIV equality of rights.
- Making right public view to people, who are infected by HIV.
- We are protecting person, infected by HIV, legitimate interests.
- With specialized literature and media help, we are publishing information about HIV problems, solutions, infractions, their reasons and consequences.
Whom we help
- Infected by HIV/AIDS and their family members.
- People, who has increased risk to be infected by HIV.
- General public.
- · HIV Europe - www.hiveurope.org
- · GNP+ (General Network of PLWH) - www.gnpplus.net
- · AIDS Action Europe -www.aidsactioneurope.org
- · STOP TB Partnership - http://www.stoptb.org